At the end of December I shared my #2018MAKENINE sewing goals on Instagram. I thought I would share them in this space too. Included are the links, in case you would like to sew them!
Are you perhaps wondering what the “Make Nine” is all about? There’s a really great blog post to explain it here. My intent to join this years challenge is so that I can keep my focus and not get crazy MAKING.ALL.THE.THINGS…..which very well could happen.
Here is a rundown of my nine:
- The Toaster Sweater by Sew House Seven. I’ve had this cut out for a while and really need to get sewing it. It’s a cozy pullover that would be perfect for February weather.
- The Branches and Buds Pullover by Carrie Bostick Hoge from Making Magazine, issue 1, Flora. It’s so beautiful and I have cast on and but have made a mistake with the branches in the second row, so I need to fix that. This will be the second sweater I have knit.
- The Owyn Pants by Lotta Jansdotter from her wonderful book Everyday Style.
- The Gemma Tank by Rae Hoekstra. This is a staple pattern in my wardrobe and I’ve blogged about it here, here and here. I was thinking about adding sleeves. Hmmm. We’ll see.
- The middle picture above of the yellow Ruby Top/Dress, also by Rae Hoekstra is another favorite. I only have one hanging in my closet and yet I think its such a wardrobe staple. I would like to have a few more in my closet to pair with jeans. I see this top in a lot of catalogues; here is one from Garnet Hill, with sleeves:
- The The Lander Pant & Short pattern by True Bias. If you are a garment sewer, you will have heard of these pants. They are all over the internet and with good reason! This pattern makes such a great pair of pants. I have made a pair (to be blogged soon) and just love them. I would like a pair of shorts for the summer.
- The Lander Shorts (see #6).
- The Sophie Swimsuit by Closet Case patterns. I want to make a swimsuit (or two) for myself. I’m sick of not finding swimsuits that fit my bust or finding ones that do but having to pay a small fortune. The Sophie Swimsuit has a one-piece version with chest support and I want to challenge myself to make one – and be brave enough to blog about it.
- Last of my Instagram MAKENINE is the Wiksten Oversized Kimono from Making Magazine, Issue 4, Lines.
While those patterns above are what I want to make over this year…of course there are more things that I would also like to sew. In my sewing que is the Archer Button Up Shirt. I’ve got two fabrics waiting to be cut! And how about another Stasia dress?
Better get sewing….